Well Madge and Mr. Madge viewed last night’s fashion parade from the Couch.
Here’s Madge’s Top 10 looks from the Oscars all with a little vintage inspiration:
1. Charlize Theron in Christian Dior. The combination of short hair, flawless skin plus the striking v plunge and sparking peplum made this look the stand out of the night for Madge.
2. Anne Hathaway in Prada. Channeling a sophisticated 50s style and OMG that Tiffany piece. Mama Madge wants that necklace!
3. Robin Roberts in Marc Bouwer. So good to see Robin back in top form. The blue velvet dress was stunning.
4. Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen looked like a 60’s goddess a la Sophia Loren, va-va-va voom!
5. Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé. Red heads always have it tricky. It’s amazing how this dress absolutely matched her hair color.
6. Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zuhair Murad. A golden statute in her own right.
7. Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta. Amy just looked like a dream in that flowing DLR.
8. Emmanuelle Riva in Lanvin proving once again that personal style is timeless.
9. Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen. Although this is bit of an an older look, she looked amazing in it.
10. Dame Shirley Bassey was so beautiful in both her black dress she wore to the awards and the amazing gold gown for her Goldfinger number, which she killed! Bassey also had my favorite Oscar quote: ”I’ll be wearing my own jewels, I’m not borrowing them. I own them” You sure do Dame Bassey!
Mr Madge’s # 1? Salma of course!
Tags: academy awards, oscars, oscars 2013, red carpet