Exquisite 1940s hat in the bonnet revival style from New York Creations.
1940s Hat Details
- Distinctive bonnet-style hat.
- This hat perches on top of the head so it fits most.
- The top is made of Melusine, a shiny long pile felt that looks and feels like fur.
- Black felt interior and trim.
- Dotted black netting attaches to the top third of the cord.
- This hat has a wide brim that comes to a point in the front.
- No brim in back.
- Adjustable felt cord strap in back for a secure fit. http://bit.ly/2gUxArs
Who Was New York Creations
The New York Creations label used by members of the New York Dress Institute in the 1940s. The NY Dress Institute was a joint venture between the clothing manufacturers of New York City and the ILGWU. Crowley & Milner was once the major department store in Detroit, Michigan.
NOT SHIPPABLE TO ITALY due to Italian customs prohibition.
Love Wearing Vintage?
Shipping & Returns
We normally ship within 3 – 5 business days. If there is an issue with shipping times you will be immediately notified. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Buyer is responsible for customs duties.
We know you may be wary about purchasing vintage items, so we do offer returns. If you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please notify Madge of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days. We encourage you to read our complete return policy here.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage.
We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.