Classic shirtdress style in a high-quality cotton pastel print.
Approx. Size: 6, but please check measurements below
Condition: Very Good.
Mark/Label: Penthouse Gallery by Catherine Ogust, made in Japan.
One of a kind vintage item – Buy Now.
- Beautiful shirt dress in a pastel abstract design in pink, lavender, turquoise, green and white.
- Mandarin collar.
- Five-button placket front.
- Ball-shaped buttons are woven in matching the fabric.
- Three quarter length sleeves.
- This classic shift style echoes 1970s style.
- 100% cotton for comfortable summer wear. Handwash only.
Approximate Measurements Taken Flat (cm):
Shoulder: 16″ (40.5)
Bust: 19″ (48)
Waist: 18″ (45 ½)
Hip: 20″ (51)
Length – Center Back: 44 ½” (113)
Sleeves: 16 ½ (42)
Sleeve opening: 7 ½” (19)
Her classic shift dresses in were a breath of fresh area, unstructured and sans shoulder pads. Her designs were manufactured in Japan of 100% cotton from large paintings. Round woven fabric buttons were handmade in China. Penthouse Gallery prints and solid color dresses were available in three dress lengths: the Tunic above the knee; the Forever Dress just below the knee and the Caftan that was floor length. With 125 prints available, many women were avid collectors.
Ogust aptly named her Forever Dress stating, “When they are too old to wear, like in 100 years, you can sleep in them, and they may wear out after 1,000 years.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage