Love big and chunky jewelry? Then this Napier charm bracelet is for you.
Napier Charm Bracelet Details
- Incredible charm bracelet from Napier.
- One in a series during the 1950s designed by Eugene Bertoli under the direction of Frederick Rettenmeyer, head designer of Napier from 1907 – 1964. Another one in the series is available. See below.
- Large Chinoiserie charms on a silverplate book chain.
- This bracelet is brimming with faux stones in blue lapis, green jade, orange coral, and turquoise.
- Asian symbols include a Chinese junk, bells, lanterns, and snake.
- The detail on these charms is incredible.
- Madge really loves those turquoise peas in a pod.
- Spring ring closure.
Napier is a storied American jewelry manufacturing company and one of the first modern corporations in the United States. The company got its start in North Attleboro, Massachusetts in 1878 as The E. A. Bliss Co., a manufacturer of men’s gilt watch chains. In 1890, it moved to it final location in Meriden, Connecticut.
The company came into its own with the arrival of James H. Napier who served as president from 1920 to his death in 1960 and moved the company into costume jewelry production. Renamed the Napier-Bliss Co., in 1920, the company again changed its name to The Napier Co in 1922. Napier was at the forefront of fashion and design and was known for sending its designers to Europe to spot the latest trends.
During both World Wars, Napier ceased the production of jewelry and focused on producing war-related medals and medallions. Victoria & Company Napier in 1999 and closed the Meridian plant. Now owned by the Jones Apparel Group, Napier jewelry is still manufactured overseas at a lesser quality.
Love Wearing Vintage?
Shipping & Returns
We normally ship within 3 – 5 business days. Occasionally, there may an issue with shipping times. If so, you will be immediately notified. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. The Buyer is responsible for customs duties.
We know you may be wary about purchasing vintage items. If so, we do offer returns. After receipt of your vintage pieces, if you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please notify Madge of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days after notification. We encourage you to read our complete return policy here. After that, if you still have questions please call or text (404) 850-1757.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage.
We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.