Love big and chunky jewelry? Then this Napier charm bracelet is for you.
Napier Charm Bracelet Details
- Incredible charm bracelet from Napier.
- One in a series during the 1950s designed by Eugene Bertoli under the direction of Frederick Rettenmeyer, head designer of Napier form 1907 – 1964.
- Large Chinoiserie charms on a silverplate book chain.
- This bracelet is brimming with faux stones in blue lapis, green jade, orange coral, and turquoise.
- Asian symbols include a Chinese junk, bells, lanterns, and snake.
- The detail on these charms is incredible.
- Madge really loves those turquoise peas in a pod.
- Spring ring closure.
Napier is an American jewelry manufacturing company and was one of the first modern corporations in the United States. The company got its start in 1878 as The E. A. Bliss co. in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. The Bliss company manufactured gilt men’s watch chains. In 1890, the company relocated to Meriden, Connecticut. James H. Napier served as president from 1920 to his death in 1960. He was a major force in the company’s move into costume jewelry. Named The Napier-Bliss Co., in 1920, the company again changed its name to The Napier Co in 1922. Always at the forefront of jewelry design, Napier was known for sending its designers to Europe before that was popular.
During both World Wars, Napier ceased production of jewelry, focusing on producing war-related medals and medallions. In 1999, Napier was purchased by Victoria & Company. The plant Merdian plant closed in 1999. Now owned by the Jones Apparel Group, lesser quality Napier jewelry is still manufactured overseas.
Love wearing vintage?
Shipping & Returns
We ship within 3 -5 business days. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Buyer is responsible for customs duties.
Please notify Madge of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days. See our complete return policy here.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage.
We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.