Love big and chunky jewelry? Then this Napier charm bracelet is for you.
Napier Charm Bracelet Details
- Incredible charm bracelet from Napier.
- One in a series during the 1950s designed by Eugene Bertoli under the direction of Frederick Rettenmeyer, head designer of Napier from 1907 – 1964. Another one in the series is available. See below.
- Large Chinoiserie charms on a silverplate book chain.
- This bracelet is brimming with faux stones in blue lapis, green jade, orange coral, and turquoise.
- Asian symbols include Chinese junk, bells, lanterns, and snake.
- The detail on these charms is incredible.
- Madge loves those turquoise peas in a pod.
- Spring ring closure.
- Another bracelet in this series is available here and is featured in “The Napier Co.” by Melinda L. Lewis, page 309. Also, see the listing below.
Napier is a storied American jewelry manufacturing company and one of the first modern corporations in the United States. The company got its start in North Attleboro, Massachusetts in 1878 as The E. A. Bliss Co., a manufacturer of men’s gilt watch chains. In 1890, it moved to its final location in Meriden, Connecticut.
The company came into its own with the arrival of James H. Napier who served as president from 1920 to his death in 1960 and moved the company into costume jewelry production. Renamed the Napier-Bliss Co., in 1920, the company again changed its name to The Napier Co in 1922. Napier was at the forefront of fashion and design and was known for sending its designers to Europe to spot the latest trends.
During both World Wars, Napier ceased the production of jewelry and focused on producing war-related medals and medallions. Victoria & Company Napier in 1999 and closed the Meridian plant. Now owned by the Jones Apparel Group, Napier jewelry is still manufactured overseas at a lesser quality.
Shipping and Returns
Items are normally shipped within 5 business days. Occasionally, there may an issue with shipping times. If so, we will let you know at once. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx, based on the best price. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Please see our Shipping Information for rates.
International buyers handle all customs duties. PLEASE NOTE effective July 1, 2021, EU members are charged VAT taxes based on the specific country’s tax rates at the time of importation.
We know you may be wary about buying vintage items. If so, we do offer returns. After receipt of your vintage pieces, if you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please let Madge know of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days after notification.
We encourage you to read our complete Return Policy here. After that, if you still have questions please call or text (404) 850-1757.
Photos copyright © 2022 MadgesHatbox Vintage. We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.