Beautiful sparkling blue crystal Maltese cross with coordinating earrings.
Napier Jewelry Set Details
- A book piece mid-century set from Napier in silverplate.
- Large Maltese Cross pendant necklace and coordinating earrings.
- Open-work silver plate necklace with a scroll and bead design.
- Large high quality faceted sapphire-colored crystals look like pools of light.
- Large spring ring closure.
- Oval clip earrings feature the same open scrollwork and beading.
- One of the most outstanding Napier designs from the 1950s.
- Shown on page 220. “The Napier Co.” by Melinda L. Lewis.
- Coordinates with the Napier bracelet shown in the final photo.
The Napier Company is an American jewelry manufacturing company and was one of the first modern corporations in the United States. The company got its start in 1878 as The E. A. Bliss co. in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. The Bliss company manufactured gilt men’s watch chains. In 1890, the company relocated to Meriden, Connecticut. James H. Napier served as president from 1920 to his death in 1960. He was a major force in the company’s move into costume jewelry. Named The Napier-Bliss Co., in 1920, the company again changed its name to The Napier Co in 1922. Napier was at the forefront of fashion and design and had a history of sending its designers to Europe.
During both World Wars, Napier ceased production of jewelry, focusing on producing war-related medals and medallions. In 1999, Napier was purchased by Victoria & Company. The plant Merdian plant closed in 1999. Now owned by the Jones Apparel Group, lesser quality Napier jewelry is still manufactured overseas.
Love wearing vintage?
Shipping & Returns
We ship within 3 -5 business days. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Buyer is responsible for customs duties.
Please notify Madge of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days. See our complete return policy here.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage.
We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.