This fantastic Sharon Original hat is cheerful orange Breton.
Sharon Original Hat Details
- Fabulous Sharon Original hat.
- Bright orange straw Breton.
- Light orange grosgrain ribbon hatband and bow.
- Lovely pinwheel ribbon design on the top of the hat in light orange and green.
- Two small combs keep this hat in place.
What is a Breton Hat?
A Breton hat is a rounded or flat-crowned hat with a brim that turns up around the edges, originally worn by peasants in Brittany, a region in France. It is similar to a bowler, but the brim is wider and rolls up more dramatically. Wide brimmed Bretons were popular in the 1960s, when they were worn on the back of the head. An all-over feather Breton circa 1960-65 is in the collection of the Museum of Fine Art Boston. From Hatatorium, An Essential Guide for Hat Collectors, 2nd Edition.
NOT SHIPPABLE TO ITALY due to Italian customs prohibition.