If you love floral jewelry, this Carmen Miranda bracelet is it!
Carmen Miranda Bracelet Details
- The famous gold-plated clamper bracelet by Coro made in 1939.
- Dubbed the Carmen Miranda, this large openwork bracelet features large rhinestone camellias and daises with glass cabochon centers in red, blue and green.
- Rhinestone pave petals surround the cabochon centers with green enameled leaves hanging on the gold stems.
- This bracelet is very dimensional with each camelia sticking out almost 1/2 inch.
- Tab closure has three rhinestones on the top.
- Carmen Miranda stacked two of these on her arm during the Cuanto La Gusta dance number in the 1949 movie A Date With Judy.
Who was Coro
Emanuel Cohn and Carl Rosenberger started Coro in1901 as a small accessories store on Broadway in New York City. The company officially changed its name to Coro Inc., a combination of the two names, in 1943. Coro was once one of the largest costume jewelry companies in the world and employed many distinctive designers including Adolph Katz, design director; Gene Verecchio; Oscar Placco; Robert Geissmann and Massa Raimond. The company filed for bankruptcy in the late 1970s. Coro had a large number of jewelry lines. Check out the VJSE blog for a great article on Coro and Vendome.
Love Wearing Vintage?
Shipping & Returns
We normally ship within 3 – 5 business days. Once in a while, there may an issue with shipping times. If so, you will be immediately notified. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. The Buyer is responsible for customs duties.
We know you may be wary about purchasing vintage items. If so, we do offer returns. After receipt of your vintage pieces, if you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please notify Madge of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days after notification. We encourage you to read our complete return policy here. After that, if you still have questions please call or text (404) 850-1757.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage.
We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.