The 1939 Coro flower statement bracelet – a triumph in costume jewelry design.
Carmen Miranda Bracelet Details
- This large openwork statement bracelet features large rhinestone camellias and daises with glass cabochon centers in red, blue, and green.
- Rhinestone pave petals surround the cabochon centers with green enameled leaves hanging on the gold stems.
- This bracelet is very dimensional with each camelia sticking out almost 1/2 inch.
- Tab closure has three rhinestones on the top.
- Dubbed the Carmen Miranda bracelet due to an appearance in the 1949 movie A Date With Judy. Miranda stacked two of these on her arm during the Cuanto La Gusta dance number.
Who was Coro/Corocraft/Vendome
Emanuel Cohn and Carl Rosenberger started Coro in1901 as a small accessories store on Broadway in New York City. The company officially changed its name to Coro Inc., a combination of the two names, in 1943. Coro was once one of the largest costume jewelry companies in the world.
Major lines included Coro, Corocraft, and Vendome. Vendome was considered the most exclusive line and was featured at high-end department stores. Regular department stores that carried the main Coro lines were not allowed to carry Vendome
Coro employed many distinctive designers including Adolph Katz, design director; Gene Verecchio; Oscar Placco; Robert Geissmann, and Massa Raimond. The company filed for bankruptcy in the late 1970s. Coro had a large number of jewelry lines. Click on this link for a complete list.
Shipping & Returns
Items are normally shipped within 5 business days. Occasionally, there may an issue with shipping times. If so, we will let you know at once. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx, based on the best price. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Please see our Shipping Information for rates.
International buyers handle all customs duties. PLEASE NOTE effective July 1, 2021, EU members are charged VAT taxes based on the specific country’s tax rates at the time of importation.
We know you may be wary about buying vintage items. If so, we do offer returns. After receipt of your vintage pieces, if you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please let Madge know of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days after notification.
We encourage you to read our complete Return Policy here. After that, if you still have questions please call or text (404) 850-1757.
Photos copyright © 2022 MadgesHatbox Vintage. We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.