Exquisite 1940s hat in the bonnet revival style from New York Creations.
1940s Hat Details
- Distinctive bonnet-style hat.
- This hat perches on top of the head so it fits most.
- The top is made of Melusine, a shiny long pile felt that looks and feels like fur.
- Black felt interior and trim.
- Dotted black netting attaches to the top third of the cord.
- This hat has a wide brim that comes to a point in the front.
- No brim in back.
- Adjustable felt cord strap in back for a secure fit. http://bit.ly/2gUxArs
NOT SHIPPABLE TO ITALY due to Italian customs prohibition.
About New York Creations
The New York Creations label was used by members of the New York Dress Institute in the 1940s. The NY Dress Institute was a joint venture between the clothing manufacturers of New York City and the ILGWU. Crowley & Milner was once the major department store in Detroit, Michigan.
Shipping & Returns
Items are normally shipped within 5 business days. Occasionally, there may an issue with shipping times. If so, we will let you know at once. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx, based on the best price. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Please see our Shipping Information for rates.
International buyers handle all customs duties. PLEASE NOTE effective July 1, 2021, EU members are charged VAT taxes based on the specific country’s tax rates at the time of importation.
We know you may be wary about buying vintage items. If so, we do offer returns. After receipt of your vintage pieces, if you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please let Madge know of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days after notification.
We encourage you to read our complete Return Policy here. After that, if you still have questions please call or text (404) 850-1757.
Photos copyright © 2023 MadgesHatbox Vintage. We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.