The lone black feather gives this black close hat a very dramatic look.
Black Close Hat Details
- Luxurious black velvet vintage hat or beret with long black feather across the top.
- Black ribbon bow and two faux pearls complete this mid-century look.
- Wear netting down or under the hat.
- A quill feather is the hollow main shaft of a feather. Usually from a wing or tail feathers.
- This hat perches on top of the head so it fits most.
- Beautiful cocktail hat.
What is a Close Hat
A close hat is a 1950s term for a shallow-crowned brimless hat that fits close to the head, usually covering only the top portion of the crown. They were originally are worn square (not tilted) on the top of the crown, exposing the forehead. They come in many shapes, and often have veils. Today they look equally great tilted on the head. From Hatatorium: An Essential Guide for Hat Collectors, 2nd Edition.
Shipping & Returns
We normally ship within 3 – 5 business days. If there is an issue with shipping times you will be immediately notified. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Buyer is responsible for customs duties.
We know you may be wary about purchasing vintage items, so we do offer returns. If you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please notify Madge of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days. We encourage you to read our complete return policy here.
Photos copyright © 2020 MadgesHatbox Vintage.
We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.