A sophisticated mother-of-pearl minaudiere to make your evening extra special.
Vintage Minaudiere Details
- Small evening bag designed as a compact.
- Brass purse with tiles of sparkling mother of pearl on the front.
- Each side opens and snaps closed.
- One side has a money clip the other side contains the original mirror plus s space for lipstick, and powder.
- According to press articles, the minaudière was invented by Van Cleef & Arpels in 1934. Charles Arpels was inspired by watching Florence Gould, the third wife of philanthropist Frank Jay Gould, toss several small, loose makeup items into a tin box The word minaudière was a French term for a coquettish woman, from the word “minauder” (to flirt or simper).
Shipping & Returns
Items are normally shipped within 5 business days. Occasionally, there may an issue with shipping times. If so, we will let you know at once. Clothing and accessories ship by USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx, based on the best price. Jewelry ships First Class Insured. Overseas orders ship International First Class. Please see our Shipping Information for rates.
International buyers handle all customs duties. PLEASE NOTE effective July 1, 2021, EU members are charged VAT taxes based on the specific country’s tax rates at the time of importation.
We know you may be wary about buying vintage items. If so, we do offer returns. After receipt of your vintage pieces, if you are unhappy or the item does not fit, please let Madge know of a return request within 10 days of receipt of merchandise and return items within 30 days after notification.
We encourage you to read our complete Return Policy here. After that, if you still have questions please call or text (404) 850-1757.
Photos copyright © 2022 MadgesHatbox Vintage. We are a proud member of Got Vintage. Check out their website.